Sunday, August 02, 2009

1and1.com Screws Over Longtime Customer with 66 Domains

Almost 2 and a half days ago, my (soon to be former) host company 1and1.com took down my highly trafficked website at www.EastsideBusinessJournal.com without warning. I was actually adding content to it and had just tweeted that I was hoping it would get to half a million page views for the month. Instead, they canceled the database - without even letting me know. Apparently it was getting too much traffic for them .... This is a lawsuit waiting to happen - any attorneys want to take it on? I have been a 1and1.com customer for over 6 years and have over 66 domains there - most of them with smaller simple sites, but a couple (like Eastside Business Journal) that are the main focus of my business. It is not fair that 1and1 decided to abuse their long time loyal customer like this - and they won't even respond to inquiries or tell me over the phone. If you are looking for a web hosting company, you will avoid 1and1 if you are smart. If you have the misfortune of already having them, you should definitely consider changing hosting companies. It's only a matter of time before 1and1 will screw you too ... This was the tweet that I mentioned: RT @EastsideBizNews: Eastside Biz Journalhttp://bit.ly/X7UgT has 455,000+ page views in July with one day left. an we get 45k in one day?

No comments: